•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Saturday 7 December 2013

So I Started Reading Glimpse by Carol Lynch Williams

Momma was quiet a moment,
Then she said,
Moccasins.
My God, they're moccasins.
Run, Hope.
Run, Liz. 
The snakes must have
seen us by then. They
turned in our direction. 
Momma didn't pick up a thing.
Not the umbrella,
not the towel she sat on.
Not even that sweet smelling
olive oil. 
She just ran,
leaving me and Liz behind. 
Wait,
Liz hollered after her.
Wait for us.
Liz grabbed me by the hand but all the sudden
I couldn't even more.
I really like how the book is written in free verse. For now, it's my favorite part of the book. I mean, I also like the story, it's about a girl who is trying to come to terms with her sister's suicide attempt and her mother's debauchery. It has nothing to do with the paranormal or supernatural, but instead it is a somber and quick read with amazing writing. Review to come soon!

Remember to enter my giveaway for the total of 6 awesome anthology books ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...