•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Monday 12 March 2012

I started reading Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

Expected Publication: April 2012.

"The maids in my village talked of falling in love with a man at first sight. That has always seemed naught but foolishness to me."
 --
She leans forward, as if eager to tempt me with what Mortain offers. "If you choose to stay, you will be trained in His art. You will learn more ways to kill a man than you imagined possible. We will train you in stealth and cunning and all manner of skills that will ensure no man is ever again a threat to you." 
I think of my father and of Guillo. I think of all those in the village who worked so hard to make my life a misery. The young buys who threw stones at me, the old men who spat and stared at me with terror in their eyes, as if they expected me to snatch the souls from their old, wrinkled bodies. The younger men who fumbled clumsily at my skirts in dark corners, guessing correctly that my father cared not for my safety or reputation. It would be no hardship at all to kill the likes of them. In truth, I feel like a cat who has been dropped from a great height only to land on her feet."
I am so grateful to Amelia at Imagination in Focus for sending me this book! It was definitely high on my wish list. It started good, very powerful in terms that it doesn't shy away from telling the ugliness of that time. Our main character is certainly broken, she has never really felt anything like love in her life from her family or otherwise. Her story is a sad one... Right now she is about to be trained in all manners of killing her enemies and I'm so excited to read about that!! Very good writing up till now.

PS; Remember to enter my giveaway for a copy of The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa.

5 comments:

  1. I have this ARC on my tbr pile, and I think I might have to move it to the top now! Sounds fantastic and can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently reading this one and so far I think it is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep us posted if it ends as good as it begins because this is a definite must by for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound good!
    I stumbled upon your lovely blog today, I've enjoyed my visit :)

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...