•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Sunday 11 September 2011

9/11... Ten Years Later


This morning I woke up, and I didn't remember what day it was. I got up, and went to turn on the T.V. to VH1. I love watching the guy on the VH1 Top 20 Video Countdown, he is always so happy, so cheerful. He makes you want to listen to music and dance along. Today he had his usual cheerfulness, but at the end of the segment he got serious. He started talking about 9/11, and about how VH1 was going to be repeating the New York concert later today from 4-10 pm commercial free. Then suddenly, I remembered what day it was.

I can't say I remember much about that day 10 years ago, all I remember was that I was in third grade. The teachers turned on the T.V. and towers were burning. Beautiful grand towers, burning to the ground. My mom picked me up early, me and my brother and sister. We didn't understand what was going on, but my mother did. People were dying. None of my family died, we all lived at Puerto Rico at that time. I am so thankful for this. I can't even imagine what people were going through that day, what they are still going through today.

If you can, please read this article over at Meg Cabot's site. It's her 9/11 real story. Not fiction. Please read it. Also if you have a chance read this other 9/11 story, it's by one of my favorite bloggers/writers.

Go hug your family and friends, tell them how much you love them. Be thankful that they are still here, and take a moment to remember those who aren't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...