•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Saturday 26 February 2011

Review: This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Title: This Side of the Grave
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Series: Night Huntress Series
Book #: 5
Pages: 357
Reading Level: Adult
Published Date: Feb 22, 2011.
Publisher:  Avon
Book Rating.7
Cover Rating

Danger waits on both sides of the grave…  

Half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her vampire husband Bones have fought for their lives, as well as for their relationship. But just when they’ve triumphed over the latest battle, Cat’s new and unexpected abilities threaten to upset a long-standing balance…  

With the mysterious disappearance of vampires, rumors abound that a species war is brewing.  A zealot is inciting tensions between the vampires and ghouls, and if these two powerful groups clash, innocent mortals could become collateral damage. Now Cat and Bones are forced to seek help from a dangerous “ally”—the ghoul queen of New Orleans herself. But the price of her assistance may prove more treacherous than even the threat of a supernatural war. …to say nothing of the repercussions Cat never imagined.
Taschima's POV:

This book wasn't what I expected. In some way Ive been waiting so long for this book that I didn't really know what I was expecting but kick butt awesomeness. Not to say this book wasn't totally awesome, it was so worth it, it just wasn't as completely out of my mind awesome like the previous books. Nevertheless, I am going to read it another 4 times!!!

If you haven't read a book in this series then don't read this review, it will be full of possible spoilers. But just one question for that sad person out there who hasn't read this series, what are you waiting for?!

Anyways, the main problem in this book is the possible war between the vampires and the ghouls. One guy got the ghouls all scared because he says that if Cat were to become a vampire/ghoul that then she would be indestructible and the balance scale would fall off balance. He clearly doesn't know Cat. What she wants is for the vampire world to leave her in peace, but that isn't going to happen. Peace is hard to come by, as Cat and Bones are about to find out.

This book was different than the others in a number of ways. It's like everything was a bit on the down side. There wasn't that much epic fighting like in the other books, nor was there as many steamy sections. Also some things didn't make that much sense to me. Like for example, there was a part where Cat drinks the blood of ______ and she keeps the power of said person for a lot more time than I thought she was, also it seemed like they were implying that she would get to KEEP the power, so that didn't make sense to me. But oh well, maybe my remaining questions will be answered in the sequel (out this fall) called One Grave at a Time. I don't know what I'm going to do once this series ends :( Jeaniene, make this series into a T.V. Series!!! If Sookie could so can you! It would be so much better...

I love this series to no end. Even though Cat seemed to be less reckless in this book (it's supposed to be a good thing) I enjoyed it because it still has the main things I love about this series, it's characters and the great laugh out loud quotes. 

3 comments:

  1. I think the cover is pretty cool - eye catching and enticingly dark.

    I really like the way you write a review - so detailed! So many reviewers write something too short to give you any tangible feeling OR they rely too much on giving a synopsis rather than their reaction. Good for you - your reviews are informative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read this series for a while. I may try and start on them soon.

    Thanks for the detailed review. I'm sorry you didn't like this book as much as the others in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! This is pretty off topic, but I gave you the One Lovely Blog award!
    Check it out here (but I understand if you don't/can't do a whole post on it):
    http://yabookloverblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    Congrats, and great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...