•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Saturday 12 February 2011

Awakened by P.C. Cast


Title: Awakened
Author: P.C. Cast
Series: House of Night
Book #: 8
Pages: 304
Reading Level: Young Adult
Published Date: Jan 04, 2011.
Publisher:  St. Martin's Griffin
Book Rating.2
Cover Rating

Exonerated by the Vampyre High Council and returned to her position of High Priestess at Tulsa’s House of Night, Neferet has sworn vengeance on Zoey. Dominion over her immortal consort Kalona is only one of the weapons she plans to use against Z. But Zoey has found sanctuary on the Isle of Skye and is being groomed by Queen Sgiach to take over for her there. Being Queen would be cool, wouldn’t it? Why should she return to Tulsa? After losing her human consort, Heath, she will never be the same – and her relationship with her super-hot-warrior, Stark, may never be the same either…

And what about Stevie Rae and Rephaim? The Raven Mocker refuses to be used against Stevie Rae, but what choice does he have when no one in the entire world, including Zoey, would be okay with their relationship? Does he betray his father or his heart?

In the pulse-pounding 8th book in the bestselling House of Night series, how far will the bonds of friendship stretch and how strong are the ties that bind one girl’s heart?
Taschima's POV:

Were back at Tulsa were everyone is doing... something. Neferet is back, Kalona is with her, Zoey is hiding out somewhere with Stark (I mean why shouldn't she since nothing is happening back at Tulsa), and all the others are at the House of Night. Someone dies, and so Zoey returns to "take care of the mess that is the House of Night". 

Okay, it's sad that they have to rely on someone dying to bring some spark to the story. I liked that character. Not fair. And BTW it didn't even make a difference! The story is as bland as could be. What I liked about the last book was Stevie Rae's secret dark love with Rephaim but on this novel it wasn't so entertaining. There was a time were I used to love this series and now I just keep reading it because It's something I have to do. I can't abandon a series.

Oh and the dialogue! Oh gosh who talks like that? You can clearly see where each author has put her pen. It goes from being almost over formal to the language of 13 year old. It's just not acceptable anymore! This series has gone on for far too long. They keep grasping at straws to make it better and if they don't end the series soon enough, or make a killer new plot line, I will kill something.

It's still a bit addicting, I have to know what will happen next. But Its just not the same. I remember the first few books, they were awesome. What went wrong? And where?

PS; comment here and get an extra entry in my Goodbye 2010 contest =]

20 comments:

  1. Girl I seriously do not even know how you continued reading it, after the horrific slang and slutty MC, I gave up after the second book. Kudos to you for lasting so long, it's kinda like the Jersey shore, a hilarious train-wreck! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these books, and even if I wanted to there are way too many of them now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. +1 :)

    I only read the first book and was really put off by it. After the disaster of Twilight i've moved away from Vampire novels but if i find something really nice then i read it. And wow you lasted so long with it.

    Good luck with completing the whole series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same boat as you. I am so sick of these books, but I also want to finish reading the series. Yet the series itself has gone on waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long and it needs to end soon or have something spectacular happen.
    And the language - no one that I know would ever use "bullpoopie" in a sentence and mean it.
    Good luck with the rest of the books! I think there's 4 more or so...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @K WHAT?! I thought there were going to be only 10 books in the series O.o

    ReplyDelete
  6. WTF bullpoopie? I rest my case. lmfaooooo :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea, wikipedia says that the series is planned to include 12 books! I really think that that is too much. I agree that in the beginning the books were great but lately they are not so great. I mean they need to have more action in books. They are too many. The original idea was great, but it is dragging. I have kept up with the books just to finish the series. I know several of my friends who are in the same boat. We want to know what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've recently finished book 4, which ended with a cliffhanger, so I'm eager to read book 5. I agree with you with the length of the series, though. I thought Awakened was going to be the last book in the series. Then I went to the Wikipedia page for the series and they list 15 books in total (!!!). This would mean that Awakened is only about half-way through. This thought floored me. I don't know if I have what it takes to follow the series for the next five years or so, even though I'd like very much to read how it ends. It's *not* acceptable to dilute a series too much.

    As for the language, I might be biased because I've only read the Italian translations of the books so far, but I've never found it very believable, it sounds like the way a group of 2-year-olds would speak to me :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep meaning to read these books, but I'm waiting for my library to get them in.
    I wouldn't buy them because of all the reviews I have read that say that the books were much better at the start of the series, and get less good the further along in the series you are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to read Awakened, I have a love/hate relationship with this series...Zoey is really anoying, she talks and acts like a 13 year old (especially when it comes to her multiple love interests) but there's also great twists to her story and I do miss Stark so I need to read this ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been debating whether or not to read these or the Vampire Academy series. I've heard better things about VA though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read this series, but I've read from other bloggers that they are tired of this series going nowhere and tired of it saying nothing. So you aren't alone.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never read this series, and honestly don't have much desire to, and your review has convinced me further.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never been a big fan of this series but it's sad when great series is not the same anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Am I the only one who misses Eric.. I don't know he made the series better? I always liked him, but we don't see him alot in the series anymore :/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know how you lasted this long with the series, I gave up on them ages ago. was soo disappointed with them :|

    ReplyDelete
  17. i finish reading the vampire diaries so i set out to find a new book ...i picked up marked thought it luked cool so i read it ...the first 3 books are quite interesting so i brought the next one but seriously if it doesnt end or change soon i might die!!! i have to know the end so i cnt not read it but seriously HOW LONG!!! tbh any series of books that lasts more than 7 is probally going to be boring becuase there would be nothing left to happen...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never read any of this series. It seems as though there are no standalone books nowadays. I feel like everything I want to read is part of a series and that kind of puts me off because either a) I have to read like 7 books now or b) I have to wait an entire year for the sequel to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My mom started buying this series and giving them to me when she's done so I kinda had to read them. She just got an iPad so she's buying ebooks now. :D So I no longer have to read this horrible series. I swear, Twilight deserved a Nobel Peace prize over this crap. "Oh Em Gee, I have so many boys that like, LOVE me. What should I do? Oh let me get my brown pop." Who the hell calls soda brown pop? Ugh. The only redeeming storyline is the Stevie Ray and the bird guy, and even they're not enough to keep me reading.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know what you mean about not abandoning a series... that's the exact reason I am still attempting to read this. I finally picked this book up off my "To read" shelf, and put it back up there after about 30 minutes of reading.

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...