•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Monday 30 August 2010

Mockingjay Discussion & Poll

So I think we can all pretty much agree on that this month was all about Mockingjay. The great revelation. Who will Katniss choose, Peeta, the gentle guy who would take a beating just to see you smile, or Gale, the fiery guy who will fight to the end for your salvation? Will she help the rebels take control of the Capitol? And if she does, how will she survive? Will the Hunger Games ever really end?

You get my point. So the book was here, and more than a thousand people have already read it. I'm sure most of my followers read it because I know my followers rock, so I ask you this.

What is all you wanted it to be?
Was it what you expected it to be?
Was it something completely out of this world?
Or was it something that shouldn't have been written at all?

I believe we need to discuss Mockingjay to it's extend. I want to read your guys opinion. If you have a review on Mockingjay leave the link in a comment where we can all go and reply and make sense of what just happened.

Personally, I loved the book. Somethings could have been better, but it caught me so completely off guard that I can leave those things pass.

Things that I wish I would have seen in this book:
  • Peeta post demonic stage.
  • Gale at the ending.
  • A little good feeling from Katniss at the end.
  • Haysmith at the ending, even if he is drunk out off his arse.
  • More Romance!!!!!!!!
Just a few things that, for me, the book lacked and could have made better, but just as it is it was a masterpiece.

This leads me to my new poll...



I am conducting an experiment. The subjects are all of you.

I believe it's pretty self explanatory, so begin the discussion, leave your review, and vote on my poll. It will be greatly appreciated since I am currently sitting at my bed going crazy over not knowing how you guys liked the book!!

My review.

Row, Row, Row, your vote.

7 comments:

  1. I wanted more romance and a post demonic Peeta too. I think it is understandable and believable that they have flashbacks from their violent past, but I would have liked to see something good happen for Katniss and/or Peeta too...I tried to vote on ur poll-couldn't.

    Full review here http://beth-project52.blogspot.com/2010/08/mockingjay-review-book-31linger-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally with you on every single point that you made. I missed out and thought it lacked EVERYTHING that you listed. Feels good to see I'm not the only one. I still think this book is brilliant, it is one of my top 5 favorite trilogies/series... and I freaking lovedlovedloved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poll isn't working, but either way, I can say I loved it. It's not my favorite of the series, but it was still fantastic. The entire book was depressing, but at the same time, it was completely realistic. I didn't expect anything else. Katniss has been fighting throughout the series, and she'd been winning, but things finally caught up to her in this. Peeta was seemingly lost, then found, rescued, only to have been hijacked. She was beginning to accept her feelings for the poor guy, and then he was taken away. Add in the deaths of almost everyone close to her, and she nearly lost it. But she pulled through like her old self, and even though she'd been broken, she allowed herself to heal.
    I, too, missed Peeta. A lot. And wished Suzanne would've shown us the true Peeta, post-hijking, again, instead of just summing it up at the end. I missed the fire that was Peeta's and Katniss's relationship.
    One good thing, though, was the beginning. Right off the bat, we knew Katniss was starting to realize she loved him. I've known it all along, but finally SHE did too. But I still weep for sad, hijacked Peeta and miss him horrendously.
    I love the book for all of its raw glory, even while longing for their relationship to have been reintroduced as it had been before. But it was a great ending to a great series.
    One of my favorite aspects of the book was the "real or not real" game. Made me tear up at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Poll is at the left sidebar... The image in this post does not work xD I don't know if that was your guys problem, but I hope I could help =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not going to say it wasn't brilliant. But, I probaby won't read it again. Too depressing.

    I thought that maybe, Katniss went a little too crazy throughout this third book. I think it was on the extreme side. I mean, I know she had to kill people and she's gone through a lot, but I would have like to see her be stronger and more action. A little too much of her holing up places, lost in herself.


    I understand why Suzanne took the trilogy in this direction, but I do feel the third book could have been better - I felt like Suzanne was trying to make a point about war instead of focusing on the story. In the end, it's not something I want to come back to.

    And yes, I totally missed Peeta. And still do.
    But, I'm still processing. I just finished it last night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, loved it. So well done. And I always like more romance. But the thing that bothered me during was not having Katniss be a part of her own trial. To me, it seems almost unbelievable that the spectator public wouldn't have demanded it. Plus, that seemed like a wonderful chance for explanations, discussions and conflict with Haymitch, a post hijacked Peeta and Gale about why she did it and if she should be punished and/or continue living. Instead, we waited with her in the cell, no word, until it was over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just started (on Sunday) and finished (this afternoon) this series and I have no words yet. I'm still trying to catch my breath. I L.O.V.E.D. Mockingjay!! It was, to me, the perfect ending to the perfect trilogy. What a RIDE!

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...