•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Monday 2 November 2009

Review: Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink


Title: Prophecy of the Sisters
Series: Prophecy if the Sisters
Book #: 1
Author: Michelle Zink
Pages: 352
Publisher: Little, Brown for Young Readers
Rating: .7

"An ancient prophecy divides two sisters-
One good...
One evil...
Who will prevail?"

Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents' deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets. Lia and Alice don't know whom they can trust. They just know they can't trust each other.

Taschima's POV:

Grieving for her lost we start off with Lia, one of the twin sisters. Her father just died, and she doesn't think she could feel worse, but right about the same time this strange mark appears in her wrist from out of nowhere, and instinctively she knows the mark is no good (Well the coming out of nowhere could have been a hint). Not only this, but her dear sister, Alice, is acting stranger than ever. Almost to the point of being frightening. Will Ali discover what is being the mark? Her future? And what about The Prophecy?

Michelle Zink has surely brought a new voice into Literature. With her Gothic style, and tantalizing story telling, she got me ignoring classes just so I could finish one more chapter. It's totally original, a break from monotony that I surely needed.

Lia is the kind of girl who would surely be my friend. She is nice, quite lovable, and she loves books. But don't let the nice looking exterior fool you, she also is a little mischievous - or as mischievous you can be in that time. The story is in her POV, and I don't know if that was completely good. Although I did enjoy it, at times I wanted to know more about how Alice felt, and HER POV. Alice is a mysterious character, and although she is bad, you can't help but wonder why is she? What could possibly her motives be? Ugh and she did somethings that, well, got me sad.

One of the surprises of the story is the romantic side. You know how sometimes we get so engrossed in the romance (or sometimes it is all about romance) that you kind of forget about the main story? Well Michelle clearly stated that this story is about the prophecy, and how the sister's lives have to unravel by not making the guy a big mystery, but presenting him rather early, and as someone who as been there all along. Although I don't know if he will still be in book 2, I hope I get to see more of him.

As I said this story is very original, and it has some kick ass turns of events. I never got bored, or knew everything that would happen. All that is left to say is this... MICHELLE WRITE FASTER!

PS; Also thanks for filling out the P in my review page! Hehe ^^

8 comments:

  1. Great review! I loved this book as well, I can not wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with your review- especially the part about the romantic side although it had never occurred to me until reading your review just how much it helped without overpowering. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review. I enjoyed this one as well, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You finally were able to read it! Yaay! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds good,after I finish angels and daemons I'll read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent review. i want to read this book now; thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been debating whether or not to read this but I think I'll definitely give it a go. Great review, Tasch! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ceri, don't hesitate. Michelle's book is really worth the read. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...