•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Wednesday 4 March 2009

Todays talk is: Books by their Cover

Have you ever judge a book by its cover? I know Ive done it, and most of you have done it too. One book that I bought because I liked the cover was Twilight, and I got lucky with that one. Another one I bought for its cover was Sticky Fingers, but I didnt get so lucky on THAT one. Most of you know the phenomenon that is Twilight, Girl meets vampire, vampire meets girl, they fall in love and have to battle adversity to stay together, but not much of you know what Sticky Fingers is about. Here is a little summary:

Busting my ass makes me feel good.
Bulletproof, that's how Jenna Kassarian sees herself. It's all about control: As long as she works hard, nothing can hurt her. So Jenna constantly pushes -- for perfect grades, the ideal boyfriend, the best, best friend.
The only problem is, she doesn't know if she can stop. If she relaxes even for a second, she's afraid she'll lose control...

I didn't like it because I felt it was flat out boring, but you never know right? You may like it better than I did! Im more of a supernatural gal so...

Speaking about Books by their Cover I was just at Yan's blog and I found out incredible news! You must all know about the House of Night book series, Its about a vampires, well they are making it a tv show! well they make everything a tv show this days but this sounds pretty awesome right?

Here is a direct link to Yan's post:

http://booksbytheircover.blogspot.com/2009/03/hunted-house-of-night-series.html

Also Hunted is coming out very soon! March 10! Im dying to read it...

2 comments:

  1. Haha, yes, I judge books on covers for sure. I always pick up the nice covered ones which will lead me to read the summary before deciding to take it or not.

    Oh really? they are making a show of House of Night? I have never read the series personally so I don't know much. I am sorta staying away from vampire books at the moment after a HUGE letdown of Twilight. (Yea, I'm an Anti-Twilight)

    ReplyDelete
  2. House of night is a very good series, and its totally different from Twilight. I am a vampire book freak, Love the buggers. i dont know, vampires just add the extra edge to a story I guess. One series that I would recommend, if you want to take the sour taste of twilight out of your mouth, is Black Dagger Brotherhood and Vampire Academy, not to mention House of Night.

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...